Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I like them split and toasted, even if I have them as a sandwich. I've been out of action with 2 ops in 10 days, and my hand of action for weeks, so I've run out and can't get anymore at the mo, which I' m finding difficult, as they are a staple in my house (freezer)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like them split and toasted, even if I have them as a sandwich. I've been out of action with 2 ops in 10 days, and my hand of action for weeks, so I've run out and can't get anymore at the mo, which I' m finding difficult, as they are a staple in my house (freezer)

I start getting withdrawal symptoms when my freezer stock is down to 3 or 4 sliced halves, just in case I can't get to Lidl or they have run out when I get there. :hilarious:

Reactions: 2 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here, I've got six halves left, a trip is in order. I get so nervous before we get there thinking I bet they haven't got any as it's quite a long journey to our nearest shop.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find. lidl very helpful if there are no rolls in the baskets they may have some in the oven or will even put some in for you while you shop
CAROL

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with everyone - it's a hold my breath moment when visiting Lidl, followed by a big sigh of relief when I spot that familiar triangular shape! Once their oven had broken down - that was a bad day for me!!!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Lidl in the UK. If you go to their website and look for your local branch, it should show you whether they do them in their bakery section. If you are not in the UK, dunno sorry.

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No Lidl...yet http://www.lidl.com/

Perhaps there is a high protein/low carb roll equivalent. Hope you fine it.

When my DSN suggested I cut down on my bread ( I wasn’t impressed ) I rang my husband on the way back to work with a right strop on #endofmylife etc etc. Anyway, luckily for me, resourceful husband happened to be in Sainsbury’s and bought me a loaf of low carb bread. Only 5gms a slice and really nutty and filling. Hovis do one but it’s 10gms a slice and a bit insubstantial. He also bought me a bottle of Kraken spiced rum ( occasional treat ) and declared that was cheaper than the bread. It must be something only Sainsbury’s do as I’ve not found it anywhere else.... I’ll post the name when I get some more x