Lidl Low Gi Bread

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i posted a while ago about the rolls and i could tolerate them, they would spike at the hour and lower by the 2 hour mark
well Lidl are now doing a low GI bread...........GO CAREFUL if your ok with the rolls
i had 2 slices yesterday with butter and spiked at 1 hour, even higher at 2 hours and started lowering at 3 hours, must have been 4 hours total to get my levels back in the norm
im wondering if it was because the rolls i had with butter and cheese and the bread i just had with butter
either way im avoiding it at all costs...........but it was so dam tasty

Reactions: whitech

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
unfortunately the low GI bread is not low carb - it is high in carbs so it has the usual effect.

Bingale1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
unfortunately the low GI bread is not low carb - it is high in carbs so it has the usual effect.

I liked the original rolls from lidl ( the triangular ones, I’m sure most of you will know the ones I mean) I didn’t spike with those at all, but I had the same problems with the low GI rolls. Took 4 hours to get my bg back to normal.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
i posted a while ago about the rolls and i could tolerate them, they would spike at the hour and lower by the 2 hour mark
well Lidl are now doing a low GI bread...........GO CAREFUL if your ok with the rolls
i had 2 slices yesterday with butter and spiked at 1 hour, even higher at 2 hours and started lowering at 3 hours, must have been 4 hours total to get my levels back in the norm
im wondering if it was because the rolls i had with butter and cheese and the bread i just had with butter
either way im avoiding it at all costs...........but it was so dam tasty

you tried and learned, shame it was not a success

Reactions: Bingale1