Lidl's Protein Rolls......

Suzieblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks,

We don't have a Lidl here where I live and I often see post's on here about their Protein Rolls. Does anyone know if the Co-Op's triangular wholegrain multi-seeded rolls are comparable as I can't seem to find out any information on them ?

Many thanks.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked online - just searched for coop bakery rolls, but there did not seem to be anything below 22gm of carb per roll in the quick search I did.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but they can be frozen so if that would be possible if you maybe buy them when going to visit someone in another town

Reactions: Bon83

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The nearest Lidls to my town are 8 and 12 miles away so I stock up when I can. Unfortunately on the way to one is a garden centre (just pop in for a few more plants) and on the way to the other is a Waitrose (just pop in and buy half the store :(). Expensive, those Lidl rolls.
The only alternative I've found is Waitrose's Livlife bread but they hardly ever have it here.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Lidl HP rolls are 9.8g carbs per 100g.
Rolls are currently less than 100g. Mine are about 90g.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lidl high protein rolls run out quickly in some stores I suggest ringing ahead and ordering some if you are traveling to a store .The staff are usually very helpful
CAROL

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My Lidl is just a short drive/bus ride away - I have even walked there, but I have quite a few of the rolls in my freezer. I do not eat them every day as they are not an 'eat freely' food, but just having them there if needed is quite reassuring.
It is the seeds, I think rather than the bready bit which cause me to spike - all seeds do that, probably because I eat slowly and chew well.