Life and Other Insurance..

leking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all,

As the sole breadwinner with 2 young kids, I've recently started to look into various forms of insurance/protection, because if for whatever reason I'm unable to work/pass away our life/my families life would literally flip upside down.

Needless to say the quotes aren't the cheapest *sigh*... I have a relatively well managed condition, 20 years a T1, 32 now, no complications, last hba1c was 45/6.3, not overweight, non-smoker etc etc.

I've been looking at:

1. Life insurance
2. Income protection insurance
3. Family benefit cover

I'm thinking a combination in some form of all three would protect us well, but my god it won't be cheap...!! As a side note, I'm an IT contractor with my own Ltd so I've been told that Executive Income Protection is open to me in case I can't work. I guess similar to Critical Illness cover (but covers not working for any medical reason).

Are any of you guys in a similar position? What insurance do you have? Who do you have it with? How much (dare I ask!) is your premium? Hoping you guys can help me get the best possible cover for the best possible price using sources that have served you well!!!

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have cover for 85000 at about £29 a month...........cant remember who its with but its one of the big ones......