Life Insurance/Critical Illness Cover

Rhianwen

Hi everyone!

So my partner and myself have recently purchased our first house (very exciting stuff). My partner has been able to get life insurance with critical care cover with his asthma: however, with me being a Type 1 Diabetic, my mortgage advisor has said that I might not be able to get the latter and it will be difficult to secure life insurance.

Could someone please give me some advice regarding the best companies for Type 1 Diabetics as well as the process you had to go through in order to secure the insurance (and potential critical care cover)? Many thanks!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone!

So my partner and myself have recently purchased our first house (very exciting stuff). My partner has been able to get life insurance with critical care cover with his asthma: however, with me being a Type 1 Diabetic, my mortgage advisor has said that I might not be able to get the latter and it will be difficult to secure life insurance.

Could someone please give me some advice regarding the best companies for Type 1 Diabetics as well as the process you had to go through in order to secure the insurance (and potential critical care cover)? Many thanks!

Hi there @Rhianwen - Welcome to the forum.

As you might have guessed, the question you pose comes up from time to time. There are several threads on the topics of life cover and critical illness cover. I searched on "life cover critical illness cover" and returned the following.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/search/176493757/?q=life+cover+critical+illness&o=relevance

Hopefully, you'll find some useful information on there, whilst others get around to responding to you..

Becky2804

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone!

Hello! I am in exactly the same boat as you were which has lead me you your OP from a few years ago - did you ever manage to secure the insurance and if so how was the process etc?