Life Insurance for Mortgage

Schillers

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all!

Long time no speak! Just wondered if anyone could help me out.

I need life insurance for my mortgage and my IFA is saying that I will struggle with their providers. I will be looking on my own over the next couple of days but wondered if anyone could help... Has anyone else gone through this? If so, who are the best life insurance providers?

I am not even sure where to begin! Thanks in advance!

Schillers

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I personally use specialized brokers online......they find the best deals...........of course there is a small commission from them which is spread over the year.....

you will get cover, thats for sure, but it will be a little more pricey......I have had cover from AVIVA but I cant remember who my current provider is...

EDIT: Zurich is my current provider....

Schillers

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I personally use specialized brokers online......they find the best deals...........of course there is a small commission from them which is spread over the year.....

you will get cover, thats for sure, but it will be a little more pricey......I have had cover from AVIVA but I cant remember who my current provider is...

EDIT: Zurich is my current provider....

Thanks! Really appreciate that! Hopefully it doesn't jack up my price too much!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I need life insurance for my mortgage and my IFA is saying that I will struggle with their providers.

The providers may be limited but do expect to pay a loaded premium due to your type 1 diabetes.

I took mine out (joint policy with my wife) many years ago with a company called Cornhill Insurance, it was a Decreasing Term Life Insurance for mortgage purposes but the company has since been taken over by Phoenix Life, not sure whether they do new policies now but you could check.