Lipohypertrophy Treatments - liposuction again?

letitia7778

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

Have been diagnosed with lipohypertrophy (lumps) in ALL my injection sites. Im on the waiting list for a pump. Does anyone know what I can do about the lumps? The diabetes nurse looked at the sites today and says they are all lumpy :(

I had liposuction before on my stomach as that was an area badly affected by the years of injections but not sure if thats the only thing possible? I dont really want to go through that again unless its totally necessary.

Any advice appreciated!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A difficult one @letitia7778 , the usual advice is to keep away from the area where the lipo is present but that's difficult if all your sites are effected, I've had lipo issues myself before but not to the same extent as yourself, what did your DSN suggest you should do?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Do you rotate on every possible site?

Apparently olive oil
Is recommended for repairing skin... apparently the best thing even for post radiotherapy treatment!!
Recommended by Professor Robert Thomas but he does normally deal with cancer effects on skin.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone! My wife has diabetes and she is overweight. Did the liposuction help you with that?

Hi Owen. The thread you have responded to was last updated over 3 years ago, and Letitia hasn't been around for a few months.

On that basis, you might get more replies if you started a thread of your own? If you need help with that, just let me, or any of the Mods know.