1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Liraglutide (Victoza)

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by No1DeadlyPoison, Jun 10, 2020.

1. No1DeadlyPoison

No1DeadlyPoison Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, hope you are all keeping well and safe!

I've discussed with my consultant about starting Liraglutide, I will be starting it next week. I am just wondering if there are any other Type 1 diabetics who are on this medication too? How have you got on with it?

2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

I thought this was for type 2s x

3. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. Are you taking this to lose weight otherwise I would question why you are taking it? Are you also reducing your carbs as part of your diet?

4. No1DeadlyPoison

No1DeadlyPoison Type 1 · Well-Known Member

karen8967 & Daibell, it is normally for type 2 but my consultant mentioned it and we have talked about how it could help me along with the pros and cons but I really wanted to try it. It's worth me trying it if helps with my diabetes and weight lose, mainly the weight loss as then I'd need less insulin. Over the next few weeks when I start it, I will be speaking to a diabetic nurse and how I can change my carb ratio. X

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook