Little update

Sharonp89

Hi all,
Thanks to your advice I have been able to drop my blood sugar down below 10, now I am hitting 9,8 and 7s which I am very pleased about. My fasting blood sugars are also decreasing today they were 10 flat lowest it’s ever been, still high but lower then my 12s I was getting. Tonight I had some lamb mince which made my blood sugar spike. I did have a fair amount so maybe not as much next time. I know it’s low in carb and sugars so not too sure why I had the big spike. I had mince with peas and nothing else with it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to watch peas (and beans) as all legumes seem to cause me to rise higher than their carb count would indicate.

Sharonp89

I have to watch peas (and beans) as all legumes seem to cause me to rise higher than their carb count would indicate.
So it might be the peas then, however I’ve just checked my blood again and it’s gone down by 3 in matter of 15mins a little confusing ‍♀️

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I'd be pointing the finger at the peas for sure. If you get unexpected blood glucose readings, double check the result with another reading. Sometimes it's just a bad strip that gives a misleading reading. Congrats on the drops so far.

Sharonp89

I'd be pointing the finger at the peas for sure. If you get unexpected blood glucose readings, double check the result with another reading. Sometimes it's just a bad strip that gives a misleading reading. Congrats on the drops so far.

I’ll be staying away from peas then. Yes I retested and it was incredibly lower then what I thought it was. Considering the spike my fasting bloods was 9.3 lowest they have ever been for fasting bloods. I’ve only made changes for a week and seen incredible improvement in my bloods and how I’ve been feeling in general.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I’ll be staying away from peas then. Yes I retested and it was incredibly lower then what I thought it was. Considering the spike my fasting bloods was 9.3 lowest they have ever been for fasting bloods. I’ve only made changes for a week and seen incredible improvement in my bloods and how I’ve been feeling in general.

Yes, it's amazing how quickly the body can begin to repair itself when given the chance.

Reactions: Sharonp89