Type 2 Liver dumping

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
My grasp is even more simplistic and lacking in scientific understanding : while you are asleep, the body can prepare you for action the next day by producing the stuff you may need for the physical exertion to come - hence more glucose gets "dumped" into your system. My apologies to @No2D for putting way less effort in and being so blunt and clumsy. I have tried explaining to my body that I am very lazy and just don't need the energy "boost"...but it just doesn't listen to me at all. Bottom line - often my waking levels are not the lowest of the day due to liver dump...and that is very common.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
And here's another way of looking at it. When you go to sleep you are basically fasting, the body knows that when you awake you will be using a lot of energy finding food so the liver dump (or dawn phenomena) is the process of flooding your bloodstream with glucose to give you the energy to find food. It is a natural process but everyone reacts differently to it. Some diabetics find it difficult to deal with and some do not and for some, like me, the liver dump causes negligible differences. Hope this helps.

Reactions: pleinster

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Liver dumps can happen any time your body decides your blood glucose is too low or if you are under stress. When it happens first thing in the morning to prepare for waking up it is called dawn phenomenon.