Type 2 Liver failure

rigsby71

Hi all

I’m type 2

I’ve been a drinker a long time though not excessive, 2-3 pints most nights, so very regular

I’ve recently started to get metallic taste in my mouth and I’ve read this CAN be one of the symptoms of liver starting to fail

I feel weak a lot too

I know there are direct links to type 2 and liver diseases

Has anyone here experienced this

Thank you

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Hi @rigsby71
A quick consultation with Dr Google reveals a long list of possible causes, gum disease, medication, covid 19, allergies, b12 deficiency even anxiety. Not everything is caused by T2, so even if someone on here had the same symptoms there is every chance it would be for different reasons. Your best bet would be to get yourself to the dr's to get a proper diagnosis.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have your annual diabetes blood test results accessible online? There are usually liver function tests done at the same time.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If you are on Metformin that can cause a metallic taste as it did for me for 6 months. That beer intake is a bit on the high side as beer is high in carbs. Make sure it has a low alcohol content.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As mentioned above, you need to get checked out if you're uncertain. That said, it generally takes quite a while to get to actual liver failure, so I'd be fairly optimistic. If you have been stressing your liver, it might be a good time to give it a chance to repair.