Lo-dough

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bought the small test pack containing 2 wraps.

I wasn't expecting much after a 4 carb wrap from carbzone sent my numbers into the stratosphere.

So I had a fried sandwich with raclatte cheese and onion. Two hours later my BG had actually dropped a couple of points.

This stuff looks so versatile, I immediately bought the big box.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, I am interested to hear this as I have just ordered some for the first time and am awaiting their arrival. I am hoping to use it as a pizza base, did you like the taste?, I have heard mixed results.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is a little different from bread but not unpleasant. Looking at the website it looks very interesting, definitely going to try a pie of some sort. Probably do a pizza with the remaining one, with a portion of it as garlic bread, yum!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @xfieldok I’ve started having lo-dough soaked in beaten egg fried as eggy bread really nice with bacon and fried egg I find! Also @jayney27 introduced me to lo dough quiche where use one as a ‘pastry’ base and then cook filling in usual way you just pop it into a buttered tin and add the quiche filling ingredients it’s great. Know that others have made pizza with it and toasties for example @maglil55

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@selley262 I am right off eggs at the moment! It will come back in due course.

Pretty sure I have a panini maker hidden away in the back of a cupboard. Will have to dust it off.

Since ordering it I have been reading the recipes on the website and drooling over the pictures.

Samosas! Who'd have thought it!

amber22

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for this, had never heard of it before this thread.
Have ordered the 2 for a fiver post free.
I already make my own bread and rolls, 2 carbs a slice, 4 carbs a roll, but I like to try new things.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, mine has arrived and I have used it for pizza. It looks and feels like a piece of polystyrene out the packet so I was thinking hmmmmmm. By the time it came out of the oven as a pizza I was astounded at how GREAT the pizza tasted. There is no strong taste of the lo dough itself but with a variety of toppings on top it all tasted just like a restaurant pizza, it was yum. For those that think about calories it has less than 40 per piece and you can easily top it with a 100 calories of toppings if you are 'dieting'. So for around 200 cals you get a very passable pizza! I put loads of Different cheeses on mine and OMG, the taste. I think it is a fantastic low carb option (less than 3 carbs). The only thing that puts me off is the price, £2.50 per piece. I know you can make a low carb base yourself (fathead etc) but that will give you far more calories. In summary, yes I will buy it again, when I want a decadent 'snack' I can have one for less than 200 cals and low carb to boot.

Reactions: trick60

Kingmidas

I'm a very big fan of lo dough! I've done the standard pizza and wraps, and got a bit braver the other day and did a chocolate brownie recipe. This involves blitzing the lo dough into crumbs and using it as a kind of a flour to make brownies with. They were absolutely fine, totally edible and much better than anything else low carb desserts I've tried to make. Really nice slightly warm with double cream!

Reactions: XxTinkerxx