Type 1 LO Hypo

hypopippa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,
I use the Accu Chek Aviva Expert Test Kit and recently had a hypo which was marked as ‘LO’. Not experienced this before was just wondering how this ranks against the normal scale?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi guys,
I use the Accu Chek Aviva Expert Test Kit and recently had a hypo which was marked as ‘LO’. Not experienced this before was just wondering how this ranks against the normal scale?

The guide to the meter suggests that LO is a reading less than 0.6 mmol/L but given that you'd be in a coma or dead at this level it's more likely an error. If you weren't hypo I'd suggest doing another reading but given that you were it's best to treat first...

J girl

Hi guys,
Hi, Lo is a warning for you to eat something quickly to get you back within the normal range. You can read Lo and not feel low and not be in a comatose state, and other times you could be hypoing serverly, it just depends on how much excess insulin you may have taken.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi guys,

Usually a Lo reading on most machines are below 1.3 mmol/L

PJR76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people, smoking and drugs.
Hi guys,
It's always sensible to test again to confirm the first reading if you believe it to be inaccurate. But LO on a blood glucose reader is almost certainly going to be < 2.0 mmol/L.