Local groups?

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know Diabetes UK run local support groups where they have talks from ophthalmologists, podiatrists and DNs. But, for those of us who are low carbers and struggle with the traditional medical model, why are there no diabetes.co.uk groups?

It's probably a very old and much discussed topic, but for this newbie it would be great to meet and talk with other local low carbers both for support and to share ideas/ recipes etc etc.

Any thoughts?

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I was able to give a talk on LCHF to the Hounslow group - & was invited to give a repeat.
Search Hounslow

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Welshman1952 I facilitate a diabetes group though not in the UK. I encourage you to attend any diabetes group. The low carb diet is reasonably well known now. I think you'll find other like minded participants with whom you can arrange to meet for coffee, tea, or a walk for ongoing, in person support. I find it helpful. :)

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The London meets are a lot of fun (even if I did get sunburnt at the last one), but they're not organised by diabetes.co.uk. They exist because forum members make them happen.

There first one I went to only had 4 or 5 of us; last Saturday's grew to 40+.

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Typ1Bri I don't think I meet the membership criteria as I'm T2 but I am sure the idea if meets are brilliant

@Avocado Sevenfold I hadn't really thought of organising anything really. It was just a question to gauge opinion. My sense is that most people kind of disagree with me, although some are interested in occasional meets.