Lockdown appetite and uncontrollable hunger

corbanwolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey
Did anyone else find themselves more hungry than usual? For last few weeks I found myself ordering Deliveroo on a daily basis. Just because staying home made me too lazy to go out to the fridge and make some food or going out to the groceries because it's too cold. How do you manage your hunger when it's too cold to go outside and too cold to actually leave bed. I will add that my flat is not insulated, so it is cold most of the time in the temperatures like this recently.

Also what diet do you recommend when you got the craving for something like fast food. Any simple meals easy to make that can fight off that hunger?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Make sure you have hot water bottles and lots of layers on that bed!
That bed could become a cave of layers and if you can find a way to support those layers tent wise you will find warmth.
The uncontrollable appetite I have only experienced a few times and I fill it with nuts and berries.
Healthy and filling.
All the best.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One wolf to another :)

I have found that I crave food for similar reasons but differing reasons too. I have complex mental health issues and use food as either a reward or a punishment. Saying that I've been eating more because I'm cold and bored.

Do you live alone? If you do live with another person could you take it in turns to make something to eat? If you live alone, and to continue the subject of layers make sure you have a dressing gowm and thick socks to hand when getting out of bed so you keep up the level of warmth when outside the bed.

Easy foods - cup a soup (check the carbs on everything as I dont know your level of diabetes), eggs, beans, tinned tomatoes, (all can be done in the microwave) Hubby eats pepperami.

Can you order food online save you going out? Means you only have to answer the door once and then fill your cupboards etc. Most supermarkets have the carb content listed if you go into the item so you're not wasting money.

The thing here is to keep you warm so go for foods that need a quick couple of minutes in the microwave or stove top.

If you have a sitting area take the duvet and blankets with you, you dont need to stay in bed. Try to make a menu but dont forget some treats in your weekly/monthly shop. And a takeaway wont harm you once in a while, all the time must make a dent in your pocket.

Good luck

Reactions: Gabriellku