Logborough Animas Sports weekend - already full

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"Thank you for your interest in our upcoming Animas Sports & Exercise Weekend 2015.

Due to the high level of response we received for the Animas Sport & Exercise Weekend 2015,there are no longer any spaces left.

However we have added you onto our mailing list for any upcoming Animas events."

That's two years in a row I've missed it. Can't say it's that well advertised really as I didn't know it was in early May until late march. But perhaps they don't need to advertise if it's already full.

Oh well, back to next year then.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got told I was put on the waiting list as I went last year. Sorry you didn't get on it. I think I applied for this year round about last August. It was a great weekend. Keep an eye on their website from about July, August. Fingers crossed you are at the top of the list for this year and get somewhere.

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went in 2014, and found it useful, gaining some new knowledge, but more valuable was meeting fellow people with type 1 diabetes who enjoy the same sort of sports as me, although there were far more road runners, football players etc than orienteers, mountain runners, touring canoeists etc. However, there was a lot of emphasis on insulin pump use, not surprising as it's sponsored by a pump company. As I don't have a pump, have no desire for one, and wouldn't qualify under NICE guidelines, as my HbA1c is OK on MDI, thrre wasn't too much for me.
Personally, I won't apply for another weekend, as I feel places should be for those who haven't attended before.