Long term diabetes and foot problems

bonerp

Hi I've had t1 for 40+ years. Generally well controlled or best I can. But today had an electronic sensitivity test on my big toes. One was twice as bad as the other. I walked between 2-5 miles most days and more at the weekend.
Question.... Are these foot massagers any good? Or the revitive medic?
Just wondering if they might help with circulation. Lots of conflicting info online as usual.
Ty
P

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm considering getting one but will do my homework to see if they are any good. I've been having problems with my legs and feet for a few months now. Just seems to be getting worse. Have an active job on my feet all day and I'm struggling at work especially. Will see GP next week to see what the problem is.

Reactions: bonerp

bonerp

I'm considering getting one but will do my homework to see if they are any good. I've been having problems with my legs and feet for a few months now. Just seems to be getting worse. Have an active job on my feet all day and I'm struggling at work especially. Will see GP next week to see what the problem is.
Would be interested in your docs view....

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So would I! Lol Suprised I managed to get a real appointment it's like gold dust in this covid era.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
But today had an electronic sensitivity test on my big toes.

Now I'm curious, as I just get a manual one with a nurse. Was this at a podiatrist? Dr Google is giving me very little on the subject (apart from images of tied up women having their feet tickled :arghh::), so I'm not sure I want to venture further). Anyway, like a lot of other long term T1s, I am interested in the topic, as am guessing that it will become an issue for me sooner or later.

Good luck for Wednesday.

Reactions: kvetiny

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seen the GP today about my painful legs and numb feet. The doctor had a good look at my legs. Thinks it could be neuropathy. Prescribed Gabapentin and referral gone in for Nerve conduction testing.