Long Term Success

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading round the forum's history, we have stories going back around 9 years on the successes people have had by changing their diet. It would be very interesting to see if those who adopted in all those years back are still doing it? still in control ?
If anyone is still around I would be very interested to hear your viewpoint today

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To get into the thread, I agree, it would be useful.
:)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading round the forum's history, we have stories going back around 9 years on the successes people have had by changing their diet. It would be very interesting to see if those who adopted in all those years back are still doing it? still in control ?
If anyone is still around I would be very interested to hear your viewpoint today

Did you make a note of their names? A tag may alert them.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am sure that @wiflib said she was in the list. Sorry if I misremember, Lib.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
these are the two threads. More than 1,000 people over 9 years !

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/success-stories-and-testimonials.43/

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-success-stories.3763/

Now that Virta Health has put the news out there - over 1 year - if everyone who has actually been doing it for more than say two years and is still a member here- then if they post their long term success here, then that will be a powerful additional place to refer people to.

I refer people to these two threads on twitter all the time - it would be great if that could be consolidated with " long term " testimonials to help answer the question - " but its too short a time to know" which is inevitable.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just over 2 years here and have been keto for almost all of that time. although only have about one year's food diary data (never bothered before that).

Reactions: dbr10

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sure that @wiflib said she was in the list. Sorry if I misremember, Lib.

Yep, ten years in June for me. I started substituting then quickly realised I had to be hardcore so keto for the vast majority of it since and quickly dropped to the ‘4% club’. I’ve stayed there apart from one blip of a 5 (old money). I’ve fallen off the wagon a few times and my IR means I gain weight extremely easily and am still carrying more weight than I should but all my numbers are outstanding.

I’m never going to eat any differently.

Reactions: Incyb and Biggles2