Looking advice ;) 26 month old

Kellie_well13

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,
I’m new here hope I have posted this right.

just looking some advice, my son is 26months old and last couple of days all he has done is drink constantly and peeing. FIL is diabetic so today a couple of hours after his lunch I got him to do the finger prick. It was 7.4 Is that high for his age?

This morning I got him ready for nursery and within 5 mins he was soaked through nappy and clothes.

Doesn’t have an appetite atm either, prob the only thing making me think it’s not Diabetes.

he has lost weight and is more legatharic, I’ve put that down to the great weather we are also having.

Does this sound like it could be D?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

just looking some advice, my son is 26months old and last couple of days all he has done is drink constantly and peeing. FIL is diabetic so today a couple of hours after his lunch I got him to do the finger prick. It was 7.4 Is that high for his age?

This morning I got him ready for nursery and within 5 mins he was soaked through nappy and clothes.

Doesn’t have an appetite atm either, prob the only thing making me think it’s not Diabetes.

he has lost weight and is more legatharic, I’ve put that down to the great weather we are also having.

Hi there, I know you must be worried but I don't think any of us could say one way or another. I am sure you are doing this anyway but please take him to a Doctor, lethargy, losing weight and extreme thirst are certainly signs of adult diabetes but with children it could be that or anything else. Definitely needs urgent attention in my opinion to the extent I don't think I'd wait just to be on the safe side. x

Reactions: Heyrehair

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Go to a doc. Really. When blood sugars are high, one often doesn't feel like eating. I'm not saying he's diabetic, but lack of appetite doesn't rule it out. Could be anything though, urinary trackt infection etc... Best to get to a doc and have a once-over. Sooner rather than later. You're not overly concerned, you're being a good parent.

Reactions: Heyrehair

Heyrehair

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

This was the age our daughter was diagnosed. After querying with her consultant on an unrelated issue we were told it wouldn't be T1, so we eventually took her to the local urgent care centre who confirmed within ten minutes of testing her urine.

As others have said, even if it isn't T1 it is vital to get a checkup done ASAP based on other symptoms.

I hope all goes well.

Feel free to msg if there's any more info that you need.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

There is only one way to be sure.. Take your son to the doctor or paediatrician..
Nobody can diagnose on the forum.

Best wishes to you both.