Looking for keto turkey stuffing...

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all. Anybody have a turkey stuffing recipe that is keto and is worth putting inside a bird? I'm happy to cook the Christmas turkey hollow if need be, but thought I'd see if anybody has something awesome to share.

Hotpepper20000

Hey all. Anybody have a turkey stuffing recipe that is keto and is worth putting inside a bird? I'm happy to cook the Christmas turkey hollow if need be, but thought I'd see if anybody has something awesome to share.
I get some good chicken or turkey sausages and take off the casings brown with stuffing seasonings a bit of celery and onion.
I don’t stuff it in the bird but bake it separately.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Last year I made up a stuffing with ground almonds, plenty of sage, grated onion plus salt and pepper then added a small amount of egg white mixed with water to bind it.
Bot rather than stuff the bird I cooked it separately for about 20 mins.
Sorry no quantities, I just threw the ingredients in!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe not keto but isn't a normal pork stuffing recipe fairly low carb? I am thinking sausage meat from some high meat content sausages, sage and onions. I use a minimal amount of breadcrumbs, just so that it isn't too wet, but maybe there is something lower carb I could add.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
As others have said, sausage meat stuffing (high % pork) should be as good as anything.

We won't have anything to stuff this year because we are having a turkey crown, so no body cavity.

We may well do some sage and onion in a separate bowl for my partner; I don't like it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I make an almost carnivore stuffing. Blitz some Awfully Posh pork crackling, mix with sausage meat (I use Waitrose 1 free range Cumberland sausages and take the skins off), add onions fried in butter and some dried sage. It’s delicious.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lots of great ideas. Going to do sausage and onion with either some cauli rice or pork rind. Lots of sage of course...

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I upend the turkey and toss in some dried sage, put my hand over the hole and shake it about, then tip in some hot sausages and chopped onion - sometimes I chop the sausages but only if it is a small bird.
The heat from the sausage helps with the cooking.
It isn't a good idea to put chilled stuffing into the bird - far better to cook it first and put it in hot.
I only avoided food poisoning one year because I did not have any of the stuffing or the white meat, which was pink. Those who did were very ill indeed and the grand mother had to go to hospital.