Looking for some advise

Todd1974

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you'll get your answers soon. I think you already know what's probably coming, bit it'd also mean getting a handle on this before it gets completely and utterly out of hand. And I'm sorry I didn't see your replies earlier. Then you want to talk to someone, you put an @ in front of their name, so they get a notification you're talking to them. You got a bit lost in the shuffle. ;)

You're headed in the right direction, and getting those tests done will provide more clarity about treatment and whatnot. Hang in there eh!
Jo

@JoKalsbeek thank you for the reply so thankful for this forum the advise is what pushed me to go to hospital, I believe I can handle what ever comes it’s the not knowing and frustration of nobody listening in the medical field what makes it worse for us. I believe I’ve dropped on a good nurse yesterday with a lot of concern for my well being, so hopefully I’m on the right road now go for anti body and gad test today so will keep all you guys informed on how I get on.

Again thanks to you all good to have people in the same boat to talk to.

Regards
Karl

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@JoKalsbeek thank you for the reply so thankful for this forum the advise is what pushed me to go to hospital, I believe I can handle what ever comes it’s the not knowing and frustration of nobody listening in the medical field what makes it worse for us. I believe I’ve dropped on a good nurse yesterday with a lot of concern for my well being, so hopefully I’m on the right road now go for anti body and gad test today so will keep all you guys informed on how I get on.

Again thanks to you all good to have people in the same boat to talk to.

Regards
Karl
We're often not heard. If you have the name of the nurse who did listen, sending a card might let her know she's doing a wonderful job. (I'm big on thank-you cards, and send out very sappy Christmas newsletters, haha).

In any case, whatever comes back as a result, I have every confidence you'll tackle it with heart, and a lot of rock-solid spine. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for proper answers.

Jo

Reactions: HSSS

Todd1974

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're often not heard. If you have the name of the nurse who did listen, sending a card might let her know she's doing a wonderful job. (I'm big on thank-you cards, and send out very sappy Christmas newsletters, haha).

In any case, whatever comes back as a result, I have every confidence you'll tackle it with heart, and a lot of rock-solid spine. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for proper answers.

Jo

@JoKalsbeek the nurse who I saw yesterday was called sue lovely professional women,I’m big on thankyou’s to doesn’t cost anything to be kind I believe, I took her some flowers into hospital with me for her this morning as I and an appointment with her for my gad and anti body test, just waiting now to see what the out come is but what ever it is I have deal with it.

Thank you for the kind support

Take care
Karl

Reactions: HSSS

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@JoKalsbeek the nurse who I saw yesterday was called sue lovely professional women,I’m big on thankyou’s to doesn’t cost anything to be kind I believe, I took her some flowers into hospital with me for her this morning as I and an appointment with her for my gad and anti body test, just waiting now to see what the out come is but what ever it is I have deal with it.

Thank you for the kind support

Take care
Karl
Oh my, that's sweet! I'm sure she appreciated it. :) Still keeping fingers crossed for some clarity, soon!

Todd1974

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my, that's sweet! I'm sure she appreciated it. :) Still keeping fingers crossed for some clarity, soon!

@JoKalsbeek just an update on this thread, not sure if I need to start a new one, Finally got a diagnosis yesterday, and as I thought I am now classed as type 1. I have a mixture of feeling at the minute because I was hoping type 2 so I could try and tackle it with diet and exercise, but once I get my head around this diagnosis I will get on with it, on a plus side feel a lot better been on tresiba and friasp for two weeks now morning reading down to between 5 and 7 a lot better than 26 which I was getting all day long.

Just like to thank people that gave me support and advise on here this is just the start of my diabetic journey and hope to share it with all you kind folks.

Take care and stay healthy

Regards
Karl

Reactions: Bodewhin

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@JoKalsbeek just an update on this thread, not sure if I need to start a new one, Finally got a diagnosis yesterday, and as I thought I am now classed as type 1. I have a mixture of feeling at the minute because I was hoping type 2 so I could try and tackle it with diet and exercise, but once I get my head around this diagnosis I will get on with it, on a plus side feel a lot better been on tresiba and friasp for two weeks now morning reading down to between 5 and 7 a lot better than 26 which I was getting all day long.
Feel free to start a new thread any time you have a question or want to share something.
Very glad you're feeling better and are getting the right treatment now!
Please take your time getting to terms with having an annoying chronic condition. You'll get there, but in many ways it's comparable to grief. It does need time, and it will occasionally hit you when you don't expect it. That's fine, most of the time life will just be the same as before :)

For forum purposes, you might want to change your profile to T1, it'll save you from misunderstandings.

Wish you all the best, and you know where to find us with any question!

Todd1974

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feel free to start a new thread any time you have a question or want to share something.
Very glad you're feeling better and are getting the right treatment now!
Please take your time getting to terms with having an annoying chronic condition. You'll get there, but in many ways it's comparable to grief. It does need time, and it will occasionally hit you when you don't expect it. That's fine, most of the time life will just be the same as before :)

For forum purposes, you might want to change your profile to T1, it'll save you from misunderstandings.

Wish you all the best, and you know where to find us with any question!

Thanks @Antje77 I will change my profile type.

Regards
Karl

Reactions: Antje77