Looking Old ?

Juliette40

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
I hate slow drivers!
Hi Storryvickster!

Sorry to hear about your Mum. I can't imagine what losing a parent is like. This trauma may have even contributed to you developing diabetes. :?:

Well done for losing a few pounds and controlling your BG. :clap: It's always good to hear a success story! :thumbup:

My vision also improved post-diagnosis and I no longer need glasses at all (my prescription was mild).

You keep doing what you're doing and keep that youthful glow. Who needs youth pills eh!

Love
Juliette x

storryvickster

Dislikes
Unfairness of any description
Thanks for your reply, how amazing to have lost so much weight in one year, you must feel very proud of yourself, and so you should!!! It feels very good to be in control as it were, I fear that after my Mum died I was losing it a bit, I miss her still so much, I suppose that I always will, but it is getting easier to live with each day......I think!! Keep up the good work and many thanks again for your support, take care,
Vicky x :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Defren
I use Boots moisture cream with factor 15. I don't go for the whole "cleanse, tone, moisturise." thing though. I clean my skin with plain warm water on a microfibre cloth. It's one that Lidl sells for house cleaning looking just like a normal face-cloth, but very soft and shifts every speck of anything from the skin. It then goes in the washer a couple of times a week. I don't use hard soap anywhere on me as it makes me itch. liquid soaps don't.
Hana

S&B

hanadr said:
Defren
I use Boots moisture cream with factor 15. I don't go for the whole "cleanse, tone, moisturise." thing though. I clean my skin with plain warm water on a microfibre cloth. It's one that Lidl sells for house cleaning looking just like a normal face-cloth, but very soft and shifts every speck of anything from the skin. It then goes in the washer a couple of times a week. I don't use hard soap anywhere on me as it makes me itch. liquid soaps don't.
Hana

I was interested in reading you post re dropping medication and low carb - what's your advice on how to go about this - I've been on glicazide. metformin and saxagliptin for 5 years and want to drop the glicazide and saxagliptin - fed up with the dizzy spells, light headed (that do not seem related to low's)

Defren

hanadr said:
Defren
Hana

I can't use soap either Hana, it makes my skin so tight it hurts, it just strips it of all oil. I have not bought bar soap in years, like you it's liquid soap and shower gel in the bath as well as the shower.

I do the cleanse, tone and moisturise through habit now. I began doing it years ago, and it's second nature now. I found a skin care regime that uses only natural ingredients and doesn't test on animals, and the products work. I have tried all kinds of brands from shops own to salon available high end brands and mine is about in the middle, I use it because it does work. As I get older I look at my familial history and it's quite varied, one late relative wrinkled in her early 50's while my mother in her 80's has the finest of lines, so I have no real clue which genes I will have, I shall have to wait and see and hope I follow my mom's lineage where wrinkles are concerned.

C

chris lowe

I have found that I look much younger if I don't use the 5X magnification side of my mirror :lol:

Delphinum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Most food.
I'm always being told I look really young for my age. I'm 30 and people think I'm about 23. It used to really annoy me when I went for jobs because people would assume I was younger than I was and therefor less capable. I guess being tall and blonde doesn't help. :lol: :roll:
I still get ID'd for alcohol in shops... so I think this is a bit of a strange programme. :| I put it down to the fact that none of my family really have wrinkles. My dad didn't go grey until he was about 50, my granny still thinks she's 50 herself and she's 75. I don't think my diabetes even comes into it. Maybe it will one day, who knows?! :D