Loopable pumps?

mossys

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Help please
I'm due an Insulin pump exchange from Animas vibe and my options are - Medtronic 640, Accu check combo or Accu check insight. I'm interested in looping but a bit confused which of these pumps can loop and which can't.

I have dismissed the insight due to the handset being slow and not very use friendly ( I'm not very patient with tech that doesn't work as it should)

Which option is best, Medtronic 640g or Combo?

Thanks

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
I assume by looping you mean feedback and adjust insulin dose (commonly referred to as an artificial pancreas). I can only comment on the Medtronic. The 640g will read from a sensor and display it on the pump screen. It will also suspend insulin if you are to low. I have this configuration however I have disabled the go low suspend function “Smartguard” as I find the communication between the sensor and the pump to be very unreliable.
The Medtronic 670g has full feedback and control however has not yet been released or fully released yet depending n the country you live in.
I can’t comment on other brands

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Help please
I'm due an Insulin pump exchange from Animas vibe and my options are - Medtronic 640, Accu check combo or Accu check insight. I'm interested in looping but a bit confused which of these pumps can loop and which can't.

I have dismissed the insight due to the handset being slow and not very use friendly ( I'm not very patient with tech that doesn't work as it should)

Thanks

Hi Mossy - I'm not T1, a pumper, never mind a looper (but don't mention loopy ;) ), but I'll tag our friend, @tim2000s as he's been looping for a while and seems to be at the forefront all all this stuff.

Good luck with it all.

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Help please

Thanks

The 640g issnt loopable.

The insight is not atm but soon i think.

The combo is.

All depends on the direction you wish to go.

Both slow with the glucose monitor from om what i see....

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi Mossy - I'm not T1, a pumper, never mind a looper (but don't mention loopy ;) ), but I'll tag our friend, @tim2000s as he's been looping for a while and seems to be at the forefront all all this stuff.

Good luck with it all.
The list of loopable pumps is as follows:

Using OpenAPS or Loop:

Medtronic x15 & x22
Medtronic x23 and x54 with the correct firmware

Using OpenAPS only:

Medtronic x12

Using Loop only:

In test - Omnipod

Using AndroidAPS:

DanaRS
Roche Combo
Roche Insight
Coming soon - Medtronic pumps as per Loop and OpenAPS
In alpha test - Omnipod

Reactions: DCUKMod

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @mossys

You mention not being happy with poor tech etc, I've got the Insight and agree its very slow but it does support multiple bolus's including multiwave ones which I've found very helpful (so put up with it being slow).

I've also previously had the Combo, I found the handset faster to operate but very poor from battery perspective - often I'd be out and about and the handset would not start due to battery issues, even with new batteries. Often had to bend the battery terminals to gain a better connection to get it to work.

From a personal perspective the Insight is the better one. I'm not looping though.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I am using an Insight pump and AdriodAPS, been on it a week and I have found it very reliable

Reactions: Chas C and Cobia

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The list of loopable pumps is as follows:

Using OpenAPS or Loop:

Medtronic x15 & x22
Medtronic x23 and x54 with the correct firmware

Using OpenAPS only:

Medtronic x12

Using Loop only:

In test - Omnipod

Using AndroidAPS:

DanaRS
Roche Combo
Roche Insight
Coming soon - Medtronic pumps as per Loop and OpenAPS
In alpha test - Omnipod

Where's the best place to keep on top of the Omnipod alpha progress?.

IGNORE THAT: Slack seems to be the place.

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69