Loose silhouette adhesive

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all

This morning I accidentally ripped out my silhouette set, just by lifting my tshirt :shock:

I say ripped, but when I'd put a new one in I reflected that it can't have been stuck very well to come away that easily. I'm not convinced I grabbed the tubing, think it just got lifted with my tshirt. Normally before putting in the sharps box I fold the adhesive/cannula over on itself, usually it sticks to itself well but this one didn't seem sticky at all.

2-3 weeks ago a set (from same box) was deffo firmly stuck after my 2nd shower with it. A few hours later went to the loo and 3/4 of the adhesive was hanging loose, only my underwear keeping the cannula in.

Usually I need LiftPlus to get the adhesive off.

I've told Medtronic tech support, they've noted the batch number and are sending 2 replacement sets.

Anyone else had this? What could cause it apart from faulty adhesive? In both cases they were inserted well away from the previous site where LiftPlus was applied. Anyway if LiftPlus ran down onto it I'd be suprised if it caused a problem 1-2 days later?

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi!!!!

I changed my set last night after my bath because I'd had to stick it down with some plaster tape to stop it from falling off... (I HATE changing it at night, especially immediately before I went to bed), this morning only a tiny amount was still sticking, so had to change it again :( I dont use anything to remove the sets :)

Unicornz

I think I had it once before as well, but the rest of the batch were fine. I thought at first that my skin must have been greasy or something but glad to see I wasn't the only one with this problem!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Happens occasionally, it depends at bit where I stick them and I suspect it tends to happen more if I don't wait for the chlorhexidine I swab with to dry.
They always stick well on my stomach but often irritate and give me a rash, so I don't use that much now.