Loosing Weight And Muscle

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Right chaps so I had my endo check up last week and all is well HBA1C, time in target etc all good..

One thing that’s really getting me down is that I have lost 6kgs in 6 months since I started on MDI (NovoRapid and Levimer), I know some of that may have been a bit of fat (not that I had much in the first place) but the majority seems to be muscle mass can you guys help me pin point what may have caused this.

I was previously on the twice daily pre mixed humalin M3 for about 30+ years and to be honest built like a **** brick house with low body haf. My diet has changed slightly since going on tho MDI in the sense that I am now taking in about 220g of good carbs aday vs the 150-180 i was getting in on the pre mixed insulin, protein intake remains at about 220g too.

My current weight is 68kgs I was about 74kgs around christmas time. Activity levels and lifting remains pretty much the same, and my strength levels have not gone down. Only my muscle mass and size seem to have dropped.

Endo has no ideas and says that’s great you’ve lost weight and time in target and BGL are also decent. Any help would be great.

*Edited by a moderator to remove swear words

Last edited by a moderator: