Lost,scared,angry type 2.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello my name is michael i am new to the forum they have recently been diagnosed with t 2 I guess it was because of my excessive alcohol consumption lack of exercise and being 4 or 5 stone overweight that did it I now want to change and lose as much weight as I can or at least get down to 15 stone catch you all soon..

Hello Michael and welcome to the forum. Have a good read round all the various threads on the forum and do ask questions. If you want to introduce yourself properly perhaps you could start your own thread and ask your questions on that.

keefidee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am considering changing my meter to an Accu check model, has anyone had any experience of theseconcerning accuracy and cost?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am considering changing my meter to an Accu check model, has anyone had any experience of theseconcerning accuracy and cost?

I have used an Accu Chek Mobile for a few year and love it. It is so easy to use. The test strips are in a cassette that is inserted in the meter, so no handling of strips required. The lancet device that comes with it has 6 lancets in a plastic drum that is inserted in the device, so no need to handle lancets, or even see them, and they are disposed of it the household rubbish, The downside is the cost of the cassettes - around £25 for 50 tests. I buy mine for half this price on eBay. Not very moral, but otherwise I could not afford it.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used an Accu Chek Mobile for a few year and love it. It is so easy to use. The test strips are in a cassette that is inserted in the meter, so no handling of strips required. The lancet device that comes with it has 6 lancets in a plastic drum that is inserted in the device, so no need to handle lancets, or even see them, and they are disposed of it the household rubbish, The downside is the cost of the cassettes - around £25 for 50 tests. I buy mine for half this price on eBay. Not very moral, but otherwise I could not afford it.
My reply would be identical only to add there is now a free gadget to attach to it which downloads at the press of a button to mysugr app. (Doing it the old way was a major pita imo). Apply on the website. Also boots (and possibly currently) do offers on the cassette bringing it down to £13-14

Reactions: Prem51

keefidee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your help.

keefidee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My reply would be identical only to add there is now a free gadget to attach to it which downloads at the press of a button to mysugr app. (Doing it the old way was a major pita imo). Apply on the website. Also boots (and possibly currently) do offers on the cassette bringing it down to £13-14
Thanks for your help.