Type 2 Lost Trust in My Doctors...

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
i have got to a point that i have little trust in the gps and consultants now and its a horrid possible dangerous way to feel as i have found that i am just wandering what could be a deadly path and now that my kidneys have got slightly worse ie stage 3 moving scarily closer to stage 4 and trust is needed but i just dont have it anymore . not a good situation i know but i am not the only one in this position thats for sure . how do i and others get the trust back is the next q i pose .

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you're really unhappy with your doctos and consultant, can you ask to see somebody else? Or even change clinics if things are really bad? Is there anyone else you trust eg a DSN who you could speak to?

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe if you had another person with the same problems you could talk to about your worries and who can help keep you on track....

but yes how about changing the GP to a new one...

If you wan´t to live long at the best you can, you have to do those little changes that you actually can...

And a hug from me ----- it is so hard I understand, and it is also quite "normal" to get depressed from diabetes and all what follows with this...

you could also ask for help for depression... so say that you need that support to go on living and that they must help you right now...

maybe you could make make or ask for a group for that purpose with others in the same trouble...
men seem to need more support than most women to manage their diabetes and also seem to avoid general support.... so maybe a mans group would be what you need...
I don´t know much about you ... but to ask for support I think must be a basic human right

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i have got to a point that i have little trust in the gps and consultants now and its a horrid possible dangerous way to feel as i have found that i am just wandering what could be a deadly path and now that my kidneys have got slightly worse ie stage 3 moving scarily closer to stage 4 and trust is needed but i just dont have it anymore . not a good situation i know but i am not the only one in this position thats for sure . how do i and others get the trust back is the next q i pose .
Just wonder why you have lost trust in health care professionals have you been given bad advice about a health condition

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could try a low carb diet as this sometimes helps improve the kidneys. My own kidney function improved from 65% to >90% after switching to low carb higher fat.

A

asparagusp

Love you little ***** cat! Anyway I can identify with faith in the medics. Last year my diabetic consultant failed to notice I had problems with my thyroid. He attributed my weight loss to diabetes - one whole stone ..... It was my GP who picked it up but she prescribed Propranolol for my racing pulse and it's known to cause hyperglycaemia. And so on .....

I have thought about changing back to the original hospital. There my consultant wanted to put me only after a fairly low dosage of metformin, onto avandia, which thankfully I declined, but maybe said consultant has left.

With a little bit of online research you will find the procedure and indeed some background on the consultants.

Alternatively seek out a private top consultant for maybe just one appointment. There are organisations to contact. I too feel that my overall team could be offering me a better service.