Lost weight and my snoring stopped

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been diagnosed with T2 for about 10 weeks and am on a low carb diet. I've lost about 28lb in weight. I always used to snore (I use a snore monitor app on my phone) but I don't snore at all now.

Result!! :)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: aealexandrou

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been diagnosed with T2 for about 10 weeks and am on a low carb diet. I've lost about 28lb in weight. I always used to snore (I use a snore monitor app on my phone) but I don't snore at all now.

Yes!

Reactions: jjraak

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep my sleep apnea and snoring disappeared with weight loss along with many other health probs.

Edit to add... to be completely factually correct my snoring has diminished a lot to almost nothing.. I no longer wake myself up but hubs says I sometimes snuffle in my sleep. (Possibly TMI)

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems I'm not alone then :p. Congrats to all ex-snorers (for those in relationships, I'm sure your partners are thankful!!) and I wish you well in your continued fight against the Diabetes Monster.

Reactions: aealexandrou

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I stopped snoring after giving up smoking, but I still look like a Munchlax (google Munchlax)

MetabolicJim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tip. Just installed an app. It’s showing very loud snoring. I really need to go to work on my weight. :( Still obese. Still got trouble with my cholesterol and liver enzymes. Maybe it’s time to listen and finally give this low carb thing a whirl!

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which App did you choose, @Captain Crunch ?
It's a thing called 'SnoreClock' (Android). It creates an audio recording of the night so you can hear your snores as well as a graphical display indicating the periods of snoring. I don't know if this specific app is available for the iPhone but there's bound to be an equivalent.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a thing called 'SnoreClock' (Android). It creates an audio recording of the night so you can hear your snores as well as a graphical display indicating the periods of snoring. I don't know if this specific app is available for the iPhone but there's bound to be an equivalent.

As a cheapskate, I've gone for the freebie SleepLab.

One may snore, in a ladylike way obvs......, but I fancy recording my OH, who is adamant I make up that he has been known to push out some zzzzzzzs.

Reactions: Captain Crunch

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As a cheapskate, I've gone for the freebie SleepLab.

One may snore, in a ladylike way obvs......, but I fancy recording my OH, who is adamant I make up that he has been known to push out some zzzzzzzs.
I'm a tightwad too as my app's also a freebie.

I hope you can gather evidence to confront your OH :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha!
Would love to try this!

I know my snoring is reduced since I lost about 60 pounds, but I have no idea how much. I certainly still snore.

Trouble is, no one can be trusted to tell you the truth, can they? They always have a vested interest in exaggerating or minimising in order to wind you up or unwind you.

My mother makes out that I shake the house to its foundations, and that she cannot sleep even when we are at opposite ends of the house. Yet my husband looks blank when I ask him, and says ‘yeah, you snore a bit, doesn’t everyone?’ He says it has never kept him awake or woken him up.

so a nice impartial sleep app could be the way to go...
can it distinguish between snorers? I mean, with me, Mr B and dogs 1, 2, and 3 (they all snore too), it is like sleeping on a beach, with waves of snores gently sussurating over the sands of sleep.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha!
Would love to try this!

I know my snoring is reduced since I lost about 60 pounds, but I have no idea how much. I certainly still snore.

Trouble is, no one can be trusted to tell you the truth, can they? They always have a vested interest in exaggerating or minimising in order to wind you up or unwind you.

My mother makes out that I shake the house to its foundations, and that she cannot sleep even when we are at opposite ends of the house. Yet my husband looks blank when I ask him, and says ‘yeah, you snore a bit, doesn’t everyone?’ He says it has never kept him awake or woken him up.

can it distinguish between snorers? I mean, with me, Mr B and dogs 1, 2, and 3 (they all snore too), it is like sleeping on a beach, with waves of snores gently sussurating over the sands of sleep.

Love the metaphor!

Reactions: Brunneria

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha!
Would love to try this!

The Brunneria Snorephonia presents...

:D

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

My sleep apnea went out the window when the kilo's did, so, yeah. :) I don't snore like a lumberjack anymore, and no more choking in the middle of the night. :)

Reactions: Captain Crunch