1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

low calorie diet , calorie descriptor neededed?

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by manchestermozz, Apr 3, 2019.

1. manchestermozz

manchestermozz · Member

Hello everyone , I have been diagnosed type 2 diabetes for 9 years , I was 20 stone on that day !!!! with the help of a brilliant diabetic NHS consultant who I see every 6 months , 9 yrs down the line I am now 17.4 stone , I was on metorformin and Victoza for last 7 years , am really pleased with the weight loss , but unfortunately my weight loss seems to have stopped over last few months , unfortunately I have now been put on insulin of 6ml per day and have a strict regime to check blood sugar twice a day and to record calorie intake of maximum of 1800 cals per day , so where can I get a easy read chart showing all food/drinks stuff so I can refer to it to calculate total of cals , please don't suggest any apps for mobile phones !!! I don't mind buying a chart that I can hang up in the kitchen " next to the fridge " ha ha , I am hoping now with the new 1800 cals target that I can achieve my desired weight target of 15 stone , all help would be appreciated , many thanks for reading this long post as I hope I have covered everything , kind regards Mozz

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just as a quick note: If you are in the UK and drive you must also inform the DVLA if you are taking insulin, and you must also test your blood sugar before you drive.
    Also I presume that's 6 units and not 6ml? - there are 100units per ml (for normal strength insulin)

3. manchestermozz

manchestermozz · Member

Hi Rokaab , thanks notifications already done & insurance company wich is also a legal requirement , I have been diabetic for 9 years , yes 6 units . ok kind regards Mozz

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook