stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Looking for a bit of advice.
I've been successfully low carbing for a number of years . However over that time I have developed diverticular disease and 2 years ago was hospitalised for 3 days during an excruciatingly painful episode.
In order to lower the risk of a repeat performance, I now avoid seeds and have incorporated a daily ration of prunes in my diet. My worry is that these prunes are undermining my low-carb regime.
Can any one suggest any alternatives I can take daily which will reliably prevent my lower intestines from gumming up?

Peta 2

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking for a bit of advice.
I've been successfully low carbing for a number of years . However over that time I have developed diverticular disease and 2 years ago was hospitalised for 3 days during an excruciatingly painful episode.
In order to lower the risk of a repeat performance, I now avoid seeds and have incorporated a daily ration of prunes in my diet. My worry is that these prunes are undermining my low-carb regime.
Can any one suggest any alternatives I can take daily which will reliably prevent my lower intestines from gumming up?

Peta 2

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Ground Linseed and psyllium mixed are very helpful, I use them as a cereal with hemp/almond milk or warm water in the morning. Drink an extra glass of water afterwards as psyllium can be fairly solid otherwise, not a good idea with diverticular disease. The idea is to boost fibre and bulk the stool to ensure regularity.

Reactions: stuffedolive