1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low carb breakfasts

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by patjenkins1, Apr 2, 2014.

1. patjenkins1

patjenkins1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

People are suggesting full fat Greek yogurt and berries for breakfasts. Sorry if this is a daft question but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. What quantities would you use of each? Obviously I don't want the potion size to be too big.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alanp35

Alanp35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Penny
    This is my usual breakfast, so simple and refreshing.
    I use 4 desert spoons full fat Greek style yogurt, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and desiccated coconut. 5/6 blueberries, 4/5 raspberries, 4/5 blackberries, 2 medium strawberries. Delicious.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. patjenkins1

4. Andy12345

Andy12345 Type 2 · Expert

hi, i eat this for brekkie and love it, my absolute favourite is Fage Total (Full Fat Version) i don't measure it but a pot lasts me three days which equates to two big deserts spoonfulls, i usually have 3 large strawberries sliced, maybe 10 blueberries, and or 10 raspberries, and or 6 largish blackberries, i then sprinkle on some linwoods milled flax seed, the fruit amounts need to be played around with, this is a huge breakfast so you can reduce it if it suits you, i have an active job so like to fill myself up for the day ahead, I'm sure others have different amounts so i hope they comment, best of luck with it

i often have it for my evening meal too, or desert (if the jelly hasn't set)

5. patjenkins1

6. mollycat1

mollycat1 Type 2 · Member

just about to have blue berries and greek yoghourt too - Yummy ! I know its a bit late for brekkie now but have been `pottering` around doing some housework and then looking at this forum - its quite addictive ! Going for a walk shortly !

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook