Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only ones I would recommend would be macadamias that i'd roast at home with no oil (they are really fatty so don't need it) slightly more carbs than peanuts but harder to eat too many of.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/271074693

Almonds are about 4% carbs and the unroasted are probably less moreish.

These days I don't eat any though just mainly meat.
Thank You for your help, really appreciated. I just seem to be eating the same things over and over and not really sure what to add to my diet

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I would carefully check your carb intake, measure everything except water for a few days. Even if you are eating say 60g a day you could cut it down further - how low would work depends on your individual body.
I found that after a while I plateau - I can either wait until the loss restarts by itself or try other methods.
I found by trial and error that my weight loss stalls if I am not eating enough as well as to much because you can put your system into famine mode. Otherwise, intermittent fasting is good.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also how often do you weigh yourself? I find my weight fluctuates on a day to day basis butover the course of a month it is steadily going down. Also I try and use the same scales each time. I use the local surgery scales and make sure wallet, phone and keys are not in my pocket. :D

I noticed my mobile phone in its case weighs half a kilo :D

Last edited:

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also how often do you weigh yourself? I find my weight fluctuates on a day to day basis butover the course of a month it is steadily going down. Also I try and use the same scales each time. I use the local surgery scales and make sure wallet, phone and keys are not in my pocket. :D

I noticed my mobile phone weighs half a kilo :D
I get weighed every monday Afternoon at the same time in my local chemist

Reactions: Listlad

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s really not unusual on low carb to have the stall you’re having. Please make the checks advised above and stick with it. Especially if the biggest goal of blood glucose control is being achieved. The weight will follow in time.

It’s like the body having lost some initial weight, probably a fair bit of which is water, takes some time to adjust/heal call it what you will. Metabolism readjusts. Fat is lost but temporarily cells replace this with water expecting more fat. Once they realise it’s not coming they release the water and the weight loss starts again. Also measure yourself not just weigh. The two don’t always go down hand in hand and the tape measure often shows changes first.

I also didn’t lose well if I didn’t drink enough fluids.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I noticed my mobile phone in its case weighs half a kilo
Does it look like this?
dom-joly-phone.jpg