Low Carb case to be in British Medical Journal

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is great news & the sooner the health authorities realise that this sort of life change is what's needed to control diabetes the better for all & surely this lchf life change works for T1's aswell & reduces the amount injected because of their lower carb intake.
@SouthportGP
Was just thinking that you could possibly hook up with Dr Trudi Deakin from X-Pert health as she is doing a similar thing as yourself.

Reactions: 4 people

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This is great news & the sooner the health authorities realise that this sort of life change is what's needed to control diabetes the better for all & surely this lchf life change works for T1's aswell & reduces the amount injected because of their lower carb intake.
@SouthportGP
Was just thinking that you could possibly hook up with Dr Trudi Deakin from X-Pert health as she is doing a similar thing as yourself.
I went to her book launch, and we may be planning some joint work!

Reactions: 8 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I went to her book launch, and we may be planning some joint work!

I see Trudi mentions your study in her slide show.

I hope you both can conquer the NHS carb laden advice they give to the whole population, not just diabetics.

There is only one place for the NHS "eat well" plate and thats in the bin.

My own GP Practice and all the nurses are so backward at learning from "good" 30+ year T1 diabetics that are slim that it is nothing but frustrating for me to see them. They won't look at your results or Trudi's books or slideshow etc and it is pure ignorance.

I so hope that you both can get the NHS to wise up that it is killing people.

Reactions: 4 people