low carb cereal is there one?

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sainsburys stock a few different ones, and costco sell a 1kg bag of the original one

Blip22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Double speak
Oats are pretty good and oat cakes. They are carbohydrate but stable slow release good with a bit of cheese or ham. Eggs and bacon traditional english breakfast. Though frozen veg like peas, broad beans, green beans a bowl of freshly cooked veg with butter and pepper. Baked beans on brown toast is not bad.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Blip22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Double speak
Have a fried breakfast, eat complex carb later. If on insulin then lower the dose if you have not eaten carbohydrate. Remember exercise will cause you blood glucose to fall more quickly, and you do need to eat some form of carbhydrate its a basic building block.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I often make Sarah Wilson's (I quit sugar) coco nutty granola without the rice malt syrup.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are more and more grain free granolas in stores in UK now, thanks to the proliferation of FreeFrom sections. Many people are grain-free now and Paleo is still around. If you don't want the pfaff of making your own, The Paleo Foods Co cocoa and hazelnut grain-free granola 340g is 5.99 and 13.1g carbs per 42g serving and available in some supermarkets. I know that's high but still lower than many. Julians Bakery Paleo coconut flakes are same price from Amazon, gluten and grain free, 7g carb per 30g serving.

jeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Know it alls, Doctors who don't have a clue about maintaining diabetes, Right wing politicians
Surely I can't keep having bacon n eggs, or fry up for brekkie. I'm not mad on yoghurt but especially at 6am. Is there any low carb ish muesli, cereal or whatever I can try or make - oh and bread I could make that's doesn't have linseed in .

Try this for a change, you can make it yourself. It is available in the stores here in Canada and the US but costs an arm and a leg.

This recipe is courtesy of a financial independence blog

HOLY **** CEREAL RECIPE

Nutritional info per 2 tablespoons (for original Holy **** Cereal recipe): 130 calories, 6 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mc sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 5 g protein.

Makes approximately 40 servings (2 tablespoons per serving):

1 and 1/2 cup of chia seeds
1 and 1/4 cup of buckwheat groats
1 and 3/4 cup of shelled hemp seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.

Serve with 4 tablespoons of your choice of non-dairy milk. You can use unsweetened coconut milk, with a pinch of flaked coconut mixed in. You can also use almond milk or skim cow’s milk.

I tend to prefer a little fruit and yoghurt with this sprinkled on top.

Note: You can omit the organic apple bits because 1) if you don’t want to cut them up into “bits” and 2) you can add nuts and flaked coconut instead. You can also omit the organic cinnamon and use powder instead.