Low-carb diets & dyslipoproteinemia

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think this article might attract more attention if people were aware of its conclusions:

"Conclusions: A low-carbohydrate diet, high in saturated fat, improved insulin-resistant dyslipoproteinemia and lipoprotein(a), without adverse effect on LDL cholesterol. Carbohydrate restriction might lower CVD risk independently of body weight, a possibility that warrants study in major multicentered trials powered on hard outcomes."

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think this article might attract more attention if people were aware of its conclusions:

"Conclusions: A low-carbohydrate diet, high in saturated fat, improved insulin-resistant dyslipoproteinemia and lipoprotein(a), without adverse effect on LDL cholesterol. Carbohydrate restriction might lower CVD risk independently of body weight, a possibility that warrants study in major multicentered trials powered on hard outcomes."
Note the use of the word 'might' in that conclusion, i.e. this is an unprovn projection, and therefore conjecture.

Be prepared that this study started with a hypothesis and set out to ;prove it. We do not see much of the methodology of this study, so cannot say for sure that there is no bias, intentional or systemic.

Edit: I confused Dr David Ludwig with Robert Lustig in error. Here are some other papers he wrote
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/114/6/1873/6369073#

Last edited: