Low carb high fat and weight loss

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Basically I would say to eat when you are hungry more than anything else, don't force yourself to meal timings unless you're doing some sort of fasting there. Would say that you may need to up the protein just a tad to keep within keto macros for adequate protein. Keep yourself going and the weight will come off naturally, you're eating less without trying already which means as hormones start to get back to normal you will lose the weight. But like what others say, worry not about weight for now and focus on BG control. Calories really shouldn't be a goal for now because LCHF naturally reduces intake and stressing about calories will hurt you more than anything.

What meds are you on right now too?
Thanks for the advice.

Toujeo 36 units a day
Fiasp with carbs
SR Metformin 3 a day.

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
@lcarter - I know a few weeks ago, it looked like your diagnosis was changing from T1, to T2; has anything definite been decided yet?

Personally, I lost weight without trying, when I trimmed back on the carbs, but a bit like all things diabetes related, we're all different.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. Is it fair to assume that you are comfortable adjusting your insulin levels, if you're tweaking your eating patterns?
I've just sent off the final test- 24 hour urine sample to see if I have 'cushings syndrome.' They will have to decide after that. When I was diagnosed my GAAD was negative. They said it's pointless to do it now, 11 years later. All looking like I'm type 2 if I'm honest. My insulin has come down from 60 units a day to 36 from having 3 metformin a day. Thanks for your reply

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Hi Icarter, first from your picture doesn't look like you need to loose any weight. Is there a target weight your aiming for, some perceived ideal?

Weight loss is one of those things that effects people differently I can say what worked for me you may find it helps. I lost weight effortlessly by cutting out sugar. The very simple idea is starve your body of sugar and it has to break down body fat.

It is supposed to take 18 hours for an average non diabetic person to burn of the sugar stored in the liver by fasting alone.

IF you are topping up your blood stream with sugar (even a small amount you mentioned 6 squares of chocolate and pepperamis. ) then when does the liver get a chance to deplete its glycogen stores? Low Carb should help heaps by reducing the amount of glucose you can produce from the food you eat but if your topping that up with sugar you are kinda of defeating the porpoise. :D

Not sure if being type 1 (or a dolphin) makes a difference, but it should work.:watching:
:bag:
That photo has now been updated, LOL.

I weigh 185lbs and I'm 5.4 and a half in height.

I'm just getting kids ready for school then will be back to respond! My BMI is 31.1