Low Carb Keto Diet

Sunnytrev

I have started the Michael Mosely Fast 800 Keto diet . 3 weeks in and I have lost 16lb. I can’t get an appointment with my diabetic nurse until 21st but should I have stopped taking my canagliflozin? 1x100mg taken in the morning. I also take Metformin MR 500mg. 4 a day - 1, 1, and 2 at night.

Sunnytrev

Congratulations on your success with the Michael Mosely Fast 800 Keto diet! Losing 16lb in just 3 weeks is an impressive achievement. It's understandable that you have questions about your medication and how it relates to your diet.

However, I would strongly advise you to speak with your diabetic nurse or doctor about whether or not you should continue taking your canagliflozin while on the Keto diet.

It's important to keep in mind that any changes to your diet or medication regimen should be done under the supervision of a healthcare professional. They will be able to provide you with personalized guidance based on your specific health needs and help you make informed decisions about your treatment.

In the meantime, be sure to continue following the Keto diet and monitoring your blood sugar levels closely. Staying committed to a healthy lifestyle and working with your healthcare team can help you achieve your health goals and manage your diabetes effectively.
Thankyou for your reply.