Low carb online shop

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I actually take my own non stick saucepan and all the ingredients with me when we go on holiday if it’s self catering! :joyful::hilarious:
Perhaps I can persuade the ships chef when I go away in October lol

Reactions: DJC3

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I'll add the strawberries next time. I do love them. You should give the ships chef the recipe lol. Have you had your bloods taken yet Jayney?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jayney and Rachox. I'll give the porridge ago, although my cooking skills aren't that good lol. I was diagnosed January 31st 2018. My A1C on diagnoses was 76 and 3 months later 52. It's going in the right direction. My levels in the last couple of weeks have increased slightly, not sure why!!! I must admit, I test often and it can sometimes be frustrating when my levels are still not in range. I don't mean to moan but it's sometimes difficult to believe I can reverse this like other people. Anyway, I thank you for your time in responding to me and it makes me feel better that there are people who care. I'm gonna have a couple of low carb beers to relax and try and get my head round all of this.

@mazza2 you’ve done brilliantly to bring your A1c down so much in 3 months, don’t lose heart.

I’ve been lchf since Feb and like you I sometimes think its taking me longer to get my levels down than it should. I have to remind myself that it probably took years to develop insulin resistance and it’s not going to change overnight. Small changes are often hard to spot, I had a period a couple of weeks back when my levels started to rise again for no obvious reason, I got quite fed up about it. In the last week or so though, they’ve started to drop again. I’ve no idea why but I’m glad I kept the faith and just stuck with it.
Stay with it and you’ll be just fine.
(Ps I also like the low carb porridge)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I'll add the strawberries next time. I do love them. You should give the ships chef the recipe lol. Have you had your bloods taken yet Jayney?
Hi, yes I might just do that :)
7.30 Thursday morning is D day, then I have my appointment with the DN the following Friday. I am hoping to know the results before I see her though as I’ve signed up for access to my medical records at the surgery. I have everything crossed for good news.

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@mazza2 you’ve done brilliantly to bring your A1c down so much in 3 months, don’t lose heart.

I’ve been lchf since Feb and like you I sometimes think its taking me longer to get my levels down than it should. I have to remind myself that it probably took years to develop insulin resistance and it’s not going to change overnight. Small changes are often hard to spot, I had a period a couple of weeks back when my levels started to rise again for no obvious reason, I got quite fed up about it. In the last week or so though, they’ve started to drop again. I’ve no idea why but I’m glad I kept the faith and just stuck with it.
Stay with it and you’ll be just fine.
(Ps I also like the low carb porridge)

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad your blood sugars are starting to level out again. It can get frustrating and that's when the little voice in my head starts to think what the medical profession say is true, that it is a progressive disease and eventually I will end up on insulin. I am sticking with low carb and very seldom might have a little bit of something which is not recommended!! It's quite strange that yesterday I had 2 glasses of dry white wine and today my blood sugars have been really good. Does having a little alcohol reduce your blood sugars for that long? Just wondered as I didn't have that much. Still, as you say keep the faith and stick with it. Thank you

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, yes I might just do that :)
7.30 Thursday morning is D day, then I have my appointment with the DN the following Friday. I am hoping to know the results before I see her though as I’ve signed up for access to my medical records at the surgery. I have everything crossed for good news.
I really, really hope you get good results as it helps to confirm that LCHF is the right way to go and that your efforts are worth it.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really, really hope you get good results as it helps to confirm that LCHF is the right way to go and that your efforts are worth it.
Thank you, it’s lovely to have support from people who understand what this condition is like to live with. I’m lucky that I have family and friends who support and encourage me, but even so, they don’t always understand the challenges we sometimes face.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jayney27 good luck on Thurs. I’m sure your result will be great, your food always looks fab on the What have you eaten’ thread.
My A1c is on Monday, I’m surprisingly nervous about it. I think that so long as it hasn’t gone up I’ll be ok ( although maybe a teensy bit disappointed)

@mazza2 I find that effect with wine too, so have decided a medicinal glass or two a few times a week are quite in order!

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jayney27 good luck on Thurs. I’m sure your result will be great, your food always looks fab on the What have you eaten’ thread.
My A1c is on Monday, I’m surprisingly nervous about it. I think that so long as it hasn’t gone up I’ll be ok ( although maybe a teensy bit disappointed)

@mazza2 I find that effect with wine too, so have decided a medicinal glass or two a few times a week are quite in order!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on your A1c. I know how you feel, it's a bit like waiting for an exam result, you think you've done o.k but your never sure!!! As for the wine, I think I'll join you a couple of times a week, after all, you only live once.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@DJC3 thank you for your kind words and support, hope the same for you on Monday.