Low carb program

Bluegrey2019

Hello all,
I've been sent an email about this weight loss program. But I've looked an cannot see what type of foods you get to eat etc so don't know if it would work for me as a gluten sensitive dairy free vegetarian.

Can anyone give me an idea of how it works what kinds of foods are included??

Many thanks

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D

Deleted member 543160

You could maybe try asking in the dedicated vegetarian/vegan and gluten free areas of our forums to see if anyone with similar requirements uses our diabetes.co.uk low carb programme. But it's aimed at glucose management in general rather than specifically weight loss - though the two can go hand in hand.

As an omnivorous T2 I've never used it as it came into being after I'd been eating low carb for a while, and when I initially checked some of the recipes were rather too high carb for my preferences.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The Low Carb quick starter book is a great resouce and lists foods you can eat freely , in moderation.
Diet Doctor has a sub model but all the recipes are sortable as gluten free/vegetarian/vegan/dairy free etc.
I have had to check all this out because I run a low carb group in which we have a vegan and someone who doesn't eat dairy. Tonight we sampled bread made with almond flour for example. Gluten free is possibly the easiest part of low carb provided you avoid the expensive and over processed plus sugary 'free from' sections in the supermarket!