Low Carb Programme -

Jenny105

Hi I tried to access the Low Carb programme and went to sign up . Cost 48.99. asked for
I tried to sign in for this under NHS but was being asked for Driving License or Passport details

Is this right ?

KidDougi

Hi I tried to access the Low Carb programme and went to sign up . Cost 48.99. asked for
I tried to sign in for this under NHS but was being asked for Driving License or Passport details

Is this right ?

Not sure what site you are in but I would always be a little suspicious if they are asking for that level of identification for a simple course. The only justification I can make for them is that they are making sure you are a British citizen?? But then why would that be important to them?

It may be simpler to look for a good book on the subject. Plenty out there , I just haven’t read any so can’t offer any recommendations…

Reactions: Debbie.Hodgson1

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Is this right ?

Hi there Jenny. I'm not entirely sure what the sign up process is these days, however, if you follow this link, then scroll right down (it's a long page!) to the end of the page there's a direct contact form. I feel confident someone will respond to you on Monday.

I hope that helps a bit.

Reactions: Antje77

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what site you are in but I would always be a little suspicious if they are asking for that level of identification for a simple course. The only justification I can make for them is that they are making sure you are a British citizen?? But then why would that be important to them?

It may be simpler to look for a good book on the subject. Plenty out there , I just haven’t read any so can’t offer any recommendations…

KidDougi - The Low Carb Program is part of the parent organisation supporting this forum. https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/

As Jenny is trying to sign up as part f the NHS support, I am unsure of the current requirements for sign up, but have advise Jenny to contact directly.

The programm is available on prescription from GPs, so there would need to be some form of ID verification required, somewhere along the line, but as I have stated I am unsure of the exact requirements right now.

Reactions: KidDougi

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I signed up on GreenChef.co.uk for keto or low carb meals delivered. You get 35% off the first week and 15% off in weeks 2, 3 and 4. My first delivery is on Tuesday. They look tasty and easy to cook.

Jenny105

Hi I was at a low ebb last nite . I found the website though clicking on here. Something wasnt right . But being at wits end I bought something. When I tried to sign in '' through NHS'' I was asked for proof of identity - passport, Driving licence. This was very wrong. Ive got on to American Express who are getting to check the payment when it comes through to them. So i may know tomorrow if it was some sort of clone or hijack of this site. If its spoof who do I contact on this site to let them know, that this site is being used to con people

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I was at a low ebb last nite . I found the website though clicking on here. Something wasnt right . But being at wits end I bought something. When I tried to sign in '' through NHS'' I was asked for proof of identity - passport, Driving licence. This was very wrong. Ive got on to American Express who are getting to check the payment when it comes through to them. So i may know tomorrow if it was some sort of clone or hijack of this site. If its spoof who do I contact on this site to let them know, that this site is being used to con people

It used to be free but now you have to pay unless your GP prescribed it — that’s why it asks for identification details under NHS. That’s only for people who have a doctor’s referral.

If you’ve paid for a subscription you should be able to sign in elsewhere on the low carb programme website, if not I’d contact the help team over there.

Jenny105

48.00. ? Please confirm. American Express are investigating this payment because of the need for identification and asking for passport and driving licence details .

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got onto the low carb program when it was free - I really would not pay for it - access is on a weekly basis and it is like watching treacle. By the time I got towards the end I had already sorted out my type 2 with Atkins type eating - I sorted that out way back in the 1970s.
If you want recipes, explanations and lists of suitable foods, a copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution from 2003 might be more useful, and accessible. It is the one with a blue strip across the top of the front cover.

Jenny105

I got onto the low carb program when it was free - I really would not pay for it - access is on a weekly basis and it is like watching treacle. By the time I got towards the end I had already sorted out my type 2 with Atkins type eating - I sorted that out way back in the 1970s.
If you want recipes, explanations and lists of suitable foods, a copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution from 2003 might be more useful, and accessible. It is the one with a blue strip across the top of the front cover.
Sadly I was so desparate I paid . Then got desparately worried because they asked for passport details to be sent over. American Express are investigating this for me as I thought I'd been scammed. And yes it looks a pretty sad programme. I will see if I can make a formal complaint to a n authority. My Diab Nurse wants me to join My Desmond .

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly I was so desparate I paid . Then got desparately worried because they asked for passport details to be sent over. American Express are investigating this for me as I thought I'd been scammed. And yes it looks a pretty sad programme. I will see if I can make a formal complaint to a n authority. My Diab Nurse wants me to join My Desmond .
Presumably you are doing low carb for type 2. I find it very simple to do, when I can get the shopping I normally get. The shelves were almost empty the last two times I went, but I keep things in the freezer for emergencies.

Jenny105

Is this right ?
The Diabetes.co.uk site seems akin to Facebook and Google . There seems to be no means to ''contact us'. Does anyone know how to do this. My credit card company are investigating and want me to find a definitive answer to a question they've asked .

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Diabetes.co.uk site seems akin to Facebook and Google . There seems to be no means to ''contact us'. Does anyone know how to do this. My credit card company are investigating and want me to find a definitive answer to a question they've asked .

Jenny, did you use the contact page I linked for you a few posts ago, 4th on this page? That takes you into the Low Carb Program admin area. As your challenge is with the Low Carb Program that is your direct route to help.

If you did use that link and nobody responded, I would be grateful if you would let me know. Just tag me by typing my name, with the @ sign ahead of it, like this @AndBreathe (please note, my name has an e on the end, or it'll go to someone else), and I'll try to help further.

Jenny105

In here !!!

Mezza n

Hi if it is the nhs app you do need passport details or drivers license as proof of ID. I’ve just sent my details over to nhs this is to view my gp records or any help I need with nhs. Hope this helps.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

I joined when it was in beta so have lifelong free access.
People have different needs and preferences but I found it useful even though I already knew some of the basics. Yes the intro is staggered so one a week for 16 weeks but their articles are available straight away, the recipe list is extensive and still expanding, and the forum gets responses from their experts.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought I'd go and see how it was looking in the light of enquiries. and found I could not log in normally - but I got in using Facebook, then checked and found that they have altered the requirement for the password, it now requires a symbol to be included. I did a revised password adding in a symbol and it was accepted, so if you were on the list and find you can't get access directly, that could be the reason.

Jenny105

KidDougi - The Low Carb Program is part of the parent organisation supporting this forum. https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/

As Jenny is trying to sign up as part f the NHS support, I am unsure of the current requirements for sign up, but have advise Jenny to contact directly.

The programm is available on prescription from GPs, so there would need to be some form of ID verification required, somewhere along the line, but as I have stated I am unsure of the exact requirements right now.
Hi last week was a bad week. Diabetes and something else spiralling out of control. Can you repost the contact details please. I want to make sure no more money is withdrawn..