Low carb Protein Bars

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My apologies if this has been covered many times before. I have read many previous posts and googled nutritional information.
My question is can anybody recommend any low carb bars which are easy to carry, have a reasonable amount of carbs and taste good? All help much appreciated. Thank you.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can’t find any without loads of junk and artificial sweeteners

I carry a bag of pecans macadamias and some dark chocolate baking chips.

Sorry I couldn’t help with the bar part.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder if you could make that into a bar somehow. I’m not sure how low carb you are

Reactions: mo53

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for the ideas.
@Dr Snoddy I don't know many Aldi products. I will have a look for those bars. 5.9g of carb is brilliant.

D

Deleted member 308541

My question is can anybody recommend any low carb bars which are easy to carry, have a reasonable amount of carbs and taste good? All help much appreciated. Thank you.
I was getting these lo carb bars, but they knocked my readings around it must have been all of the artificial sugary stuff in them.

They were nice to eat though, my T2 friend at the bowls club who is on Gliclazide gets stuck into them.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/...bodies-protein-fx-lo-carb-bar-chocolate-fudge

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Tipetoo thank you. I'm looking for something easy to carry in my bag for situations where I can't find some low carb food.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
www.adonis-foods.com I bought myself a few of their two types of bars for Christmas and they were nice to have when everyone was scoffing mince pies. You can buy them on Amazon too.

Reactions: Incyb

Dabe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for the ideas.
@Dr Snoddy I don't know many Aldi products. I will have a look for those bars. 5.9g of carb is brilliant.
They are the ones in a blue trimmed box the brown trimmed ones are peanut butter and a little more carb and sugars they taste great and don't push up my bg readings

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I need to buy some of these and try them.:)

superted99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My apologies if this has been covered many times before. I have read many previous posts and googled nutritional information.

Google Bulk Powders... Their protein bars are excellent

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I've just been in Holland and Barrett and spent ages reading the nutrition labels for a large number of different protein bars. One , Grenade carb killa was very deceptive as it publicised its sugar on its wrapper as 2g but it's carb content was between 14 and 20 g per bar. I've bought a selection of lower carb ones and will let you know how we get on with them. Thanks for all the help. :)