Low Carb Sites

Mog

Hi. Anybody have any links for low carbohydrate web sites that do not include: lines and lines of waffle nor what somebody has had for dinner and what the cat had the night before?

Essentially I would like to know the index for each food. I would also appreciate any information on any site that shows GI index in a format that is easy to assimilate.

Many Thanks - Superb Site

:)

Mog

Many thanks Sue. That really is a good read. I have to be very careful because I am genetically predisposed to high cholesterol and was before I was diagnosed with diabetes.

Since joining this forum I have done nothing but eat nuts!

Brilliant forum. Love the layout.

:D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Trinkwasser!
I correspond regularly with David Mendosa and know that he's now ditched the low GI diet and gone completely to Bernstein. He used Byetta for a while and lost enough weight to be able to go to diet and exercise control .
Certainly GIis a useful tool. I use it to decide whether a food is likely to cause me problems or not. Looking at the actual values is more useful than those arbitrary divisions, Low, moderate and High.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
PS there's a good low carb site called "livin la vida lowcarb". It may well include lowcarb cats, but They are remarkable creatures, being obligate carnivores.

Trinkwasser

hanadr said:
Hi Trinkwasser!
I correspond regularly with David Mendosa and know that he's now ditched the low GI diet and gone completely to Bernstein. He used Byetta for a while and lost enough weight to be able to go to diet and exercise control .
Certainly GIis a useful tool. I use it to decide whether a food is likely to cause me problems or not. Looking at the actual values is more useful than those arbitrary divisions, Low, moderate and High.

Mendosa's site is a must read IMO, especially for his massive collection of links.

Yes I use the GI/GL as an indication but it needs fine tuning, everyone has their spikers and things they can get away with which differ from the official numbers

PS there's a good low carb site called "livin la vida lowcarb". It may well include lowcarb cats, but They are remarkable creatures, being obligate carnivores.

Thank you, I was just making a list of low-carb blogs etc. and missed that one (I probably missed others as well)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
If you are really low carbing then yes,switch to real butter ,much better for you if you can eat it.

daveburdett

Get this 3 inches x 4.5 inches Collins Gem pocket book. It's called 'Carb Counter' and it gives ratings for 2000 foods plus portions, calories, protein, fat, and fibre. My copy was published in 2004 by Harper Collins of Glasgow. It costs £3.99 although I bought it online for £2.99, but I can't remember from where. There is a publishers web site at www.collins.co.uk

It also lists low-carb and high-carb options in foreign restaurants such as Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Spanish, Greek, Japanese, French, and Middle-Eastern.

It really is a gem.

Dave Burdett

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
My copy is on the little table by my seat in the living room.