Low carb tolerance

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn't just about any regular bread sliced small and thin be about 9 carbs a slice?
Well maybe, but I find it convenient. I certainly wouldn't faff around with slicing a loaf that thin and then cutting it. This is easy. And, I was only trying to be helpful by sharing something that has helped me with my own missing bread.

Reactions: MrsA2

T2 Woman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was really missing bread and hated the low carb options I tried but found that Warburtons Medium Sliced Wholemeal Bread isn't too bad for me. It's low sugar, 55 cals a slice, 9.0g carbs. It's very small and thin but allows me to have eggs on toast a couple of times a week as a breakfast treat. If I keep it to just twice it feels like it's ok.
Sadly even that was too high carb for me but the liv life option is working thankfully!

Reactions: SheilaCanning

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
I use Seriously Low Carb rolls at around 4g carb per roll. They keep well and freeze and don't contain anything I object to. They're close enough in texture and substance to do for bacon sandwiches and burgers etc. Downside - they are expensive compared with carby bread and have to be bought online.
Hi yes I buy these and the bread to it’s really nice apart from I don’t like the bread toasted lol

chani111

@T2 Woman , I always keep a loaf of this bread in the freezer:
https://lowcarbfood.co/shop/low-carb-bread-sliced-loaf-400g/
No nasty ingredients as far as I can see. I don’t eat bread very often but this is the best low carb bread I’ve tasted. There are a selection of other baked goods available here, very expensive but everything I’ve ordered from them has been lovely.

Yes I have just discovered this bread and I love it. Yes it’s expensive so I keep it in the freezer and take out slices as needed. They do also provide the flour if you want to try to make your own. I love it and so far no nasty side effects

Reactions: Rachox

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@T2 Woman
Where are you on your T2 journey ?
All I can tell you is that there's things I couldn't touch post diagnosis that can be tolerated now.
Luckily, bread seems to be one of them.

Reactions: SheilaCanning