Low Carb treats

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Anyone else used Musclefood for treats? I have used their High Protein Chocolate crisp bars 5g carbs 228 calories and Mighty Meat Protein Pizza recently 15.3 Carbs per 1/2 pizza and 332 calories. Both tasted good and didn't move my bg levels at all 2 hours, 3 hrs or 4 hrs after eating.
Have others used their products or anything similar? I know ideally anything ready made is a no no but these seemed to work.

slinkimalinki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would also check their ingredients for non compliant foods - just because they are low carb or keto doesnt mean they are diabetic friendly, they could contain wheat, soy, canola oils etc.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
slinkimalinki, I did read the ingredients and certainly the pizza gave some concern with ingredients. I know that diabetes as a condition means that everyone reacts differently to foods and I seem to tolerate these quite well e.g blood sugar stayed below 5.5 at 2.3.4 hrs after eating.
I wondered whether others had tried similar products from other brands which they tolerated well and added variety and convenience to their diet. To broaden the thread a little, if a food like the 2 examples I gave help people to stay low carb/ well controlled despite some rogue ingredients surely that is good.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
@ianpspurs - I'm happy with my pizzas on a "socca" base or FatHead base, so I'll pass on the Musclefood ones, thanks. However I am tempted by the 5g carb choc crisp bars. As one who has a "treat" of a single square of dark chocolate, I reckon I could make those 50g bars go two nights...

Reactions: ianpspurs