Type 2 Low carbs

kevkave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When on a low carb diet. How long before see your numbers coming down to normal range

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, interesting question, way back when I first tried low carbing, I was going lower progressively day by day, I would say I went from 20s to high teens within a few days, then a few weeks to get into single figures, couple of months to get into the 4s & 5s. This was all pre insulin when I was apparently T2 , I assume like everything else though that we are all different.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The numbers should start to come down within a week or two but there are many factors affecting whether you come back into the normal range so see how you go.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It wasn't steady progress for me, but they did come down, albeit with several plateaus where they stayed the same and sometimes even went up a little. As Daibell says, there are many other factors affecting BG. It is, after all, a survival mechanism, so has to be dynamic. But the readings DO come down, so stick with it and don't set a timescale. Relax and let your body adjust to its own abilities.