Low or no carb lunch ideas...

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
On the go, travelling around the country, my emergency lunch is a pack of ham/salami (check sugar contents) and a pack of sliced cheese. Roll a meat and cheese slice together and eat.
With lots of time available, I might make a vegetable soup (spinach, mushroom, tomato for example) or crustless quiche or chicken liver pate.
You can eat anything for lunch, doesn't have to be sandwiches. Remains of last night's dinner is always an easy one, or a chuck of cheese.
Sally

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Nothing for lunch quite often or Brekky, but when I do have lunch.. 3 egg omelet with ham and cheese

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
precooked bacon.. mmmmm
had a nice lunch today at my Aunt's funeral..my cuz had ordered some charcuterie platters just for me and every other so and so had helped themselves! I almost had to fight to get some.. he works for a Pharma company (someone has to) but even he has cut down on carbs and seen the benefits..

Last edited:

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This week, Oi 'ave mostly been eating:

-Sauerkraut and pork mince meatballs
-Cauliflower with beef and chicken left-overs
-Chicken broth
-Stir-fried leek, onion and greens with beef mince and tempeh
-Smoked sprats from the tin!

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
If I don't use the staff canteen (where I get a bit of fish or meat and extra veg instead of spuds), I bring in leftovers from the night before. Today's was chicken thighs with pepper and sundried tomatoes with a cream sauce.

Got it for lunch tomorrow too!:)