Lowest carb fruit juice without artificial sweeteners?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!

I need to increase hydration and I think the best way would be a pleasant natural fruit juice.
Most of them have high carbs or artificial sweeteners though.

Have you managed to find anything that is actually health to consume daily?

Thanks!

• Friendly
Reactions: Annb and jpscloud

HSSS

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Water. Sorry but fruit juices will inherently be higher carb. As you say the cordials all have artificial sweeteners in them now. Perhaps you could use fruit juice as cordial and water it right down?

What about infused water (berries, cucumber, mint etc)? or even a sangria mix without the booze?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If infusing water is an option, I would add fresh ginger to the suggestions above.
It could be drunk as a hot tea or cold.
I usually grate ginger into a flask which I fill with boiling water and strain a 3rd of a mug out to top with hot water as a herbal tea. I suspect you could do something similar but allow it to cool in the fridge and top up with sparkling water to make kind of ginger beer equivalent.

If you are interested in hot drinks, there are lots of herbal infusions and most work cold. Make a very strong version in a mug with a teabag and about an inch of boiling water. Give it time to "stew". Then top up with food water and ice cubes. In the summer, I have one infusing next to the kettle and start a new one when I drink it.
I prefer fruit/berry infusions best for cold drinks but, following the ginger theme, lemon and ginger tea bags work well too.