Luck with Libre

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I asked in my local Lloyds yesterday if the sensors were available to buy from them. The pharmacist checked, and said they weren't on there drugs list. I'm in the west midlands.
I have to order mine directly from Abbott rather than a local chemist, I thought that's what many in the UK already did.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have to order mine directly from Abbott rather than a local chemist, I thought that's what many in the UK already did.

You're missing the point - we can indeed order from Abbott at 50 quid a shot in the UK, but the as yet to be verified suggestions on the iPAG website is that some chemists seem to be selling at the NHS negotiated price of 35 quid. If it's true, then why pay 50 to Abbott, when you can pay 35 to your local chemist?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You're missing the point - we can indeed order from Abbott at 50 quid a shot in the UK, but the as yet to be verified suggestions on the iPAG website is that some chemists seem to be selling at the NHS negotiated price of 35 quid. If it's true, then why pay 50 to Abbott, when you can pay 35 to your local chemist?
Ah, I musta missed that, I thought I'd read through the whole thread - obviously not :).

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thank you Scott-C, there's a Lloyds pharmacy just down the road from where I live, not in Scotland. I've ordered the Libre direct from Abbot now but maybe they'll have a good deal on the sensors for that too. I'll speak to them about a pump - they know me well already as they deal with my prescriptions and there's always a bit of natter and banter alongside prescription requests.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ah, I musta missed that, I thought I'd read through the whole thread - obviously not :).

It's easy to miss! It's a fast moving and uncertain situation at the moment. It's a bit like Wild West cowboy movies where no-one knows who is going to be the next sheriff in town. Them dang indy chemists might just be staking out the trail!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Reckon I'll jus' have t' stake a claim on a gold mine

Reactions: becca59

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Abbot has set up a webpage for chemists to create a business account:

https://www.freestylelibrepharmacyportal.co.uk

I reckon a lot of chemists don't even know about libre so might be useful to show them the link and find out about pricing.

If the reports on the ipag website about some chemists selling them for £35 are correct, that's a hefty discount.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.

It really depends on your location. If you are like in East Anglia, you won't be able to get them on prescription and will have to pay £50 for one sensor and £100 for two. I am really sorry. I live in east anglia and can't. I have it done manually, permanently.