Luer lock adapter for Medtronic 5xx / 7xx ?

thatgumulike

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get an adapter to allow me to use other infusion sets with a Medtronic 522 or 722 pump? These pumps use a specific connection, but other manufacturers mostly use a standard Luer lock connection. Apparently, there used to be an adapter on the market so that Medtronic 5/7 series pumps could be used with non-Medtronic infusion sets, but I can't find them for sale anywhere online. There's a company in the US (Fifty50) who made alternative reservoirs which allowed Luer lock infusion sets to be used, but I don't think they're on the market now.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never heard of that - sorry. I'd be worried about using something that wasn't approved (if that's the case). Have you tried asking your DSN? Or indeed Medtronic? Although they might not be so keen to direct you away from their sets!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
To be fair though, the sets that are available from animas are also available for the Medtronic pumps. There are also some Medtronic specific ones. The only ones that are different are the AccuChek ones these days.

thatgumulike

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks anyway folks. I think these were on the market a few years back - probably no longer available as the 522/722s are quite old hat now, I suppose a lot of people will have moved onto newer pumps. @azure - Medtronic actually took a company to court, and won, because they were making adapters or reservoirs which Luer connections! So I don't think I'd get too much help from them on this question :)