Lumps or abcessess in the armpit

nayyarsheikh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there. I have been having 2 or 3 lumps or abcessess on my armpits and its so painful that i cant explain. They are growing everyday and some are rubbing against one another. I have been on antibiotics 6th course now but it keeps recurring. No pain killer is helping much. My BG is well under control and ha1c was 43. I am been told its because of diabetes. What options do i have? Pls help

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I found this thread from a while ago, which may give you some information,

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/boils-abscesses-diabetes-related-help.60449/

and it contains a link to read about a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa which you may find informative.

Do you have a meter to test your blood glucose? Your HbA1c is great, but it is an average figure. You may be seeing peaks and troughs in your blood glucose which may be contributing to your skin condition. Keeping the blood glucose steady, rather than having it rise and fall a lot may help - but please understand, I am not a medical professional, so that is just speculation.

Hope this helps.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have ingrown hairs there ? those can cause these symptoms.

Targis

Hi there. I have been having 2 or 3 lumps or abcessess on my armpits and its so painful that i cant explain. They are growing everyday and some are rubbing against one another. I have been on antibiotics 6th course now but it keeps recurring. No pain killer is helping much. My BG is well under control and ha1c was 43. I am been told its because of diabetes. What options do i have? Pls help

So can bathing in less than stellar water. As in spas and hotubs

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
About 10 yrs. ago here in Bangkok had something similar rubbed against my shirt and became very sore mentioned them to my Diabetic Doctor she sent me see another doc I think a skin doc saw him 20 minutes later he looked said we need to operate and cu them off y mind went to being put to sleep kept in overnight wounds taking days to heal doc asked me to take off my shirt and sit in a chair under a bright light asked me t hold my arm up then Lazered them off no pain sprayed antiseptic put large plaster told me to remove it after 2 or 3 days Paid about 100 Pounds went home no problems the lumps never came back

Reactions: donnellysdogs